Argumentative papers will be a type of paper that you will experience many times during high school and college. As such, it is important to know how to write such kinds of papers, and some good topics to keep in mind when you receive tasks related to writing argumentative papers.
Before we move on to some argumentative topics that you will love, it is wise to discuss what is entailed in such type of writing. In argumentative writing, your task is to investigate a topic through collecting and investigating evidence and then to take a position on the topic that you should defend.
The structure of your writing is extremely important in conveying your argument. As such, we highly recommend the following structure to your argumentative piece:
- Introduction: The introduction should tell the reader what the essay will be about, and how you will go about establishing your position.
- Main Body: This is where you argue your key point, and analyze the evidence that you have collected.
- Conclusion: This is a summarization of your argument so make sure to repeat the key points related to your topic.
If you follow the description of an argumentative essay closely in your writing, and writing in a structured manner, then you should have no problems in attaining a high mark for your work.
As we have seen, an argumentative paper requires you to take a position on a certain topic. Therefore, the best topics for these kinds of papers are ones which are highly polarizing and in which there are different points of views to consider. As such, the following are some topics you should love writing about:
- Should tobacco products be outlawed?
- Is the drinking age appropriate in the United States?
- Should corporations be granted personhood?
- Should there be more restrictions on gun ownership and use?
- Is the death penalty morally correct?
- Is there too much pressure on teenagers to attend college?
- Do prisoners deserve the right to vote?
- Is it morally right for parents to monitor their kid’s Internet usage?
- Should parents incentivize good grades?
- Should news shows reference celebrities?
These topics all crate a good environment for debate, along with allowing you to cite a lot of research that has gone into these topics.
We hope that you love the topics that we have suggested for your argumentative essay, and that you have fully understood how to write a compelling argumentative piece. For more information contact MyHomeworkDone.